Monday, June 15, 2009

Saucy Sunday – Homemade Philly

Well, semi-homemade.

A while back I told you about a quick sandwich to make when you are pinched for time.

I told you that our local Walmartz is the only place I can find it. And now they have stopped selling it.

Rather than put a request in at another store and wait, I decided I could make them myself, now that I know what goes on them. And just as quickly as the packaged deal that I bought before.

So if you can’t find those in your town, I know you can find this stuff in your town and you can make them yourself.

So here’s what you need….

Shredded mozzarella cheese….



pcstk2


Sliced, browned or carmelized onion. (Add a little olive oil when cooking)


pcstk3


Philly or hoagie style rolls. Put in the oven, open side down, at 425 degrees until toasted.


pcstk4


Then cook the Steak-umms as directed on the package.


Fold one in half and lay on the toasted bun.


pcstk5


Add desired amount of shredded mozzarella cheese.


pcstk6


Fold another Steak-umm in half and lay on top of mozzarella.



pcstk7


Add browned onions.


pcstk8


Add the top, cut in half and serve.


pcstk9


See, wasn’t that easy?


Just as easy as the prepackaged kit I bought before.


And tastes just as good.


As Seen On Tv - Official Secret Restaurant Recipes Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment