Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Egg Drop Soup

Egg drop soupImage via Wikipedia

I acclimated to alarming egg bead soup (蛋花汤); I had amaranthine bad, sticky, adhesive egg bead soup fabricated accepted by American Chinese restaurants actuality in the US. Aback I was a poor and craving alum apprentice in the Midwest, I ate too abundant abominable Chinese buffets or cafeteria specials with amaranthine accumulation of MSG-loaded egg bead soup. I was not a big fan of it.

But it all afflicted afresh aback I was in Shanghai, aback I dined at Jesse, a acclaimed bounded gem that serves admirable Shanghainese fare. Their egg bead soup was above with ablaze and auspicious borsch (no starch added!) saturated with the accustomed acidity of clams. My accessory and I slurped the big confined of egg bead soup dry; it was satisfying…

I accept been authoritative egg bead soup with clams aback I came back. I try to carbon the aftertaste and absolute the recipe, and I anticipate I am accepting there.

Try my egg bead soup compound and say goodbye to the runny, tasteless, plain, arid egg bead soup you get from your Chinese joints. Say accost to a refreshing, comforting, and home-made egg bead soup that you will charge to exhausted the summer heat. If you don’t like clams, you can add tofu into the egg bead soup and it works fine, too.
Egg Drop Soup Recipe

Ingredients:

3 eggs (beaten)
2 cups chicken broth

2 cups water
1 pound clams (rinsed and scrubbed)
4 oz. tomato (diced into small pieces)
1 stalk scallion (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
3 dashes white pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine

Method:

Bring the chicken broth and water to boil. Add the diced tomato into the soup and bring it to a quick boil. Add a thin stream of the beaten egg into the boiling broth by circling around the soup pot in a clock-wise manner until the eggs are used up. Wait for 1 minute or so until the eggs are cooked then add the clams and seasonings. As soon as the clam shells are open, add the chopped scallions into the egg drop soup. Turn off the heat and serve immediately.

Cook’s Note:

When you pour the eggs into the boiling soup, don’t stir the soup with ladle or it will break up the eggs too much.


As Seen On Tv - Official Secret Restaurant Recipes Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment